You Know You Live in San Francisco When . . .
* Your co-worker tells you they have eight body piercings – and none are visible.
* When someone says TENDERLOIN – you don’t think steak. You think danger.
* You make well over $100,000 and you still can’t find a nice place to live.
* You think anyone who drives a car to work is decadent.
* You keep a list of companies to boycott.
* You would never dream of crossing a picket line.
* You take the bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
* You realize there are far more Rainbow flags in the city than California State Flags.
* The guy who cuts your hair is straight, and your plumber is gay,
* The woman who delivers your mail is straight and your Mary Kay Lady is gay.
* Old friends you haven’t talked to in years suddenly call and ask do you have a spare bedroom for a weekend?
* You think anyone wearing a George Clooney haircut is visiting from the Midwest.
* You can’t remember…Is pot still illegal?
* You go to your office manager’s baby shower – the parent’s are named Judy and Becky.
* You give a “thumbs up” gesture to a car with a FREE TIBET bumper sticker-and you mean it.
* You have a very strong opinion where your coffee beans are grown, and are willing to fight about it.
* A really great parking spot can move you to tears.
* You prefer the Spanish Soaps on TV – the guys are much hotter!
* You know that anyone wearing shorts in June is just visiting from Ohio.
* A man walks on MUNI in full leather regalia and crotch less chaps. You don’t notice.
* You still can’t believe a company doesn’t offer domestic partner benefits.
* You curse those damn tourists -but always stop to help a cute guy or gal who is looking puzzled at a city map.
* When you drive under an underpass – for one moment you think “earthquake”.
* Your boss runs in “The Bay to Breakers” … it’s the first time you have seen him nude.
* Your child’s 3rd grade teacher has a nose ring and is named “Breeze”.
* You haven’t been to Fisherman’s Wharf since the first month you moved to the bay.
* You are thinking of taking an adult ed class – but you can’t decide between a Yoga, Channeling or Building Your Web Site class.
* Your new neighbor goes to temple-but you are still not sure if they are Jewish or Buddhist.
* You realize the only Republicans you know are your Aunt and Uncle in Georgia.