Powered by WordPress | Fluxipress Theme
What engineers say and what they really mean
- A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT APPROACHES ARE BEING TRIED – We are still pissing in the wind.
- EXTENSIVE REPORT IS BEING PREPARED ON A FRESH APPROACH TO THE PROBLEM – We just hired three kids fresh out of college.
- CLOSE PROJECT COORDINATION – We know who to blame.
- MAJOR TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH – It works OK, but looks very hi-tech.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS DELIVERED ASSURED – We are so far behind schedule the customer is happy to get it delivered.
- PRELIMINARY OPERATIONAL TESTS WERE INCONCLUSIVE – The darn thing blew up when we threw the switch.
- TEST RESULTS WERE EXTREMELY GRATIFYING – We are so surprised that the stupid thing works.
- THE ENTIRE CONCEPT WILL HAVE TO BE ABANDONED – The only person who understood the thing quit.
- IT IS IN THE PROCESS – It is so wrapped up in red tape that the situation is about hopeless.
- WE WILL LOOK INTO IT – Forget it! We have enough problems for now.
- PLEASE NOTE AND INITIAL – Let’s spread responsibility for the screw up
- GIVE US THE BENEFIT OF YOUR THINKING – We’ll listen to what you have to say as long as it doesn’t interfere with what
we’ve already done.
- GIVE US YOUR INTERPRETATION – I can’t wait to hear this BS!
- SEE ME or LET’S DISCUSS – Come into my office, I’m lonely.
- ALL NEW – Parts not interchangeable with the previous design.
- RUGGED – Too damn heavy to lift!
- LIGHTWEIGHT – Lighter than RUGGED.
- YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT – One finally worked.
- ENERGY SAVING – Achieved when the power switch is off.
- LOW MAINTENANCE – Impossible to fix if broken.