The Top Ten Lies Told by Graduate Students
10. It doesnâ€™t bother me at all that my college roommate is making $80,000 a year on Wall Street.
9. Iâ€™d be delighted to proofread your book/chapter/article.
8. My work has a lot of practical importance.
7. I wouldnâ€™t never date an undergraduate.
6. Your latest article was so inspiring.
5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.
4. I just have on more book to read and then Iâ€™ll start writing.
3. The department is giving me so much support.
2. My job prospects look really good.
1. No really, Iâ€™ll be out of here in only two more years