High School vs. College
* In high school, you do homework. In college, you study.
* No food is allowed in the hall in high school. In college, food must be
provided at an event before students will come.
* In high school, you wear your backpack on one shoulder; in college, on
* In college, the professors can tell you the answer without looking at the
* In college, there are no bells or tardy slips.
* In high school, you have to live with your parents. In college, you get to
live with your friends.
* In college, you don’t have to wait in a certain lunch line to be cool.
* Only nerds e-mailed in high school. Cool kids hadn’t heard of it.
* In high school, you’re told what classes to take. In college, you get to
choose; that is, as long as the classes don’t conflict and you have the
prerequisites and the classes aren’t closed and you’ve paid your tuition.
* In high school, if you screw up you can usually sweet-talk your way out of
it. In college, you’re lucky to ever talk with the professor.
* In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration; in college,
by the drunk frat boys on their way home when the bars close.
* In college, any test consists of a larger percentage of your grade than
your high school final exams ever did.
* In high school, when the teacher said, “Good morning,” you mumbled back.
In college, when the professor says, “Good morning,” you write it down.
* In high school, freshman guys hit on senior girls. In college, senior guys
hit on freshman girls.
* In college, weekends start on Thursday.
* In college, it’s much more difficult to figure out the course schedule of
the man/woman you have a crush on, in order to figure out where he/she will
be walking around campus and at what time to find them there.
* Once you’ve obtained the information described in #10, it’s much more
time-consuming to run between classes to that place where you know he/she
will be in order to “just happen to bump into him/her.”
* In college, there’s no one to tell you not to eat pizza three meals a day.
* In college, your dad doesn’t pay for dates.
* In high school, it never took 3 or 4 weeks to get money from Mom and Dad.
* College men are cuter than high school boys.
* College women are legal.
* In college, when you miss a class (or two or three), you don’t need a note
from your parents saying you were skip….uh, sick that day.
* In high school, you can’t go out to lunch because it’s not allowed. In
college, you can’t go out to lunch because you can’t afford it.